Android Hardware Development Kit
The Android Hardware Development Kit is designed for enterprise embedded developers looking for a single, all-inclusive solution for a variety of prototyping needs.
While Android software development platforms are open source, the Android Hardware Development Kit is the first open source solution designed for full hardware customization.
Current closed source solutions also physically enclose the hardware, making custom-tailored hardware projects difficult and time-intensive.
The Android Hardware Development Kit changes this, not only breaking out the hardware platform into modular functional components for specific or proprietary hardware integration, but also by including peripherals most commonly used and requested by embedded development engineers. And unlike most microprocessor dev boards, the Android Hardware Development Kit comes in a form factor that enables to prototype to be mounted or enclosed for designated use.
At the core, the Kit contains the 4.3” OLED touchscreen equipped BeagleTouch, which also provides audio and simplifies debugging access into a single Type B-mini USB outlet. The setup is driven by the 720MHz ARM-based, open source BeagleBoard C5, and becomes portable with the 4200 mAh BeagleJuice 2. The portable, hardware hackable DIY Starter Kit also comes with a custom-tailored bootable Android Ambrosia SD card, with drivers and kernels specially designed to run Android applications from this hardware platform.
It also includes many of the peripherals that might come in handy for developing on the BeagleBoard in a variety of different configurations – from handheld tablet to desktop hardware interface. For communicating directly over BeagleBoard serial, there’s an FTDI-DB9 cable, a null modem adapter, and a DB9 to IDC-10 ribbon cable.
The pack includes a laptop-style, 5V power adapter, as well as a powered 4-port USB hub to connect USB ethernet or WiFi.
For even more functionality or rapid custom Android development, Liquidware’s Android Integrated Development Environment or Liquidware Custom Engineering are popular add-on options.
- intuitive human-machine interfaces (HMI)
- handheld mobile device prototyping
- Android-based hardware controllers
- Display: 4.3 inch touch display
- Screen: 480×272 OLED screen
- Battery Life: 10.5 hours of battery life (4,200mAh)
- Operating System: Android
- Processor speed: 720MHz
- RAM: 128MB
- bits : 32bit
- Cores: Single Core
- SD Storage: 4GB SD Storage
- On Board Flash: 256MB
- Height: 3.63 inches (92.1mm)
- Length: 4.10 inches (104.1mm)
- Depth: 1.68 inches (42.5mm)
- 4 USB Host Port Adapter
- USB Slave (Mini AB) USB OTG Port
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
- Ethernet (RJ-45) USB 2.0 10/100 Ethernet Adapter
- Serial Port Debugging: RS232 Serial Port
- Video Output: DVI to HDMI
- Video Output: S-Video
- Speaker (Stereo Headphone Out): 3.5mm Audio Out
- Microphone (Audio In): 3.5mm Audio In
- Hardware Prototyping Module
- All-in-1 USB multi-card reader/writer
- 2-Power Adapters: 5V Beagle laptop-style power supply and a 19V power supply for the BeagleJuice 2
- BeagleBoard Rev C5
- BeagleTouch touchscreen display module
- BeagleJuice 2 battery module
- BeagleMod prototyping board
- FTDI to DB9 serial adapter cable
- DB9F to DB9F null modem adapter
- DB9 to IDC-10 ribbon cable
- 6ft HDMI to DVI cable
- 3ft Type B-mini USB cable
- 4-port powered USB hub
- 5V laptop-style power supply
- 19V laptop-style power supply
- USB ethernet adapter
- USB Wi-Fi adapter
- All-in-1 USB multicard reader/writer
- Android Ambrosia SD card
- Reference Page @antipastohw.pbworks.com