The BeagleJuice makes the BeagleBoard portable.
A battery module that provides a 5V power supply directly to the BeagleBoard, it can be mounted onto the back side using standoffs, which keeps the expansion ports easily accessible.
The 4500 mAh Li-ion battery is charged using specialized charging circuitry that boosts performance for longer-lasting applications. The module itself can supply power through a special, 2-pin barrel jack, or directly through wires on dual pin headers. It can be charged through a Type B-mini USB port, and a second USB port is also available for accelerated charging.
Like most portable, handheld devices, the BeagleJuice can provide power while plugged in, and there’s an on/off switch to make booting and shutting down simple. Best of all, the modular form of the BeagleJuice fits with the BeagleTouch to sandwich the BeagleBoard – resulting in a solid, handheld Linux-based computer in the palm of your hand.
- 4500 mAh battery
- 5V output
- 1.5A current delivery
- powers a BeagleBoard for at least 6.5 hrs
- on/off switch
- single or dual USB charging via Type B-mini ports
- battery charge status LEDs
- pin-headers to provide direct power supply for any application
- 4 mounting standoffs included
- Max Current Rating: 1.0A sustained. 1.5A Max (from peak load spikes)
- Reference the BeagleJuice Wiki