Modular touchscreen display meets the BeagleBoard. The BeagleTouch is an enhanced touchscreen display module that eliminates the need for many of the peripherals typically required to interface with the BeagleBoard single board computer.
With a 480×272 resolution and 262K color touchscreen OLED display, a 20 mm speaker, and a type B-mini interface to RS232 serial, the BeagleTouch snaps directly onto the BeagleBoard to create a handheld tablet computer.
Instead of searching for 6 different cables to connect a desktop full of monitors, keyboards, mice- not to mention FTDI, null modem, and IDC cables required for serial communication, the BeagleTouch allows embedded software programmers to get right to prototyping and custom application development.
Combined with the BeagleJuice battery pack, the BeagleTouch and Beagleboard becomes a laptop-like, Linux-powered device that simplifies embedded hardware development for almost any application.
Note: The BeagleTouch is not compatible with the BeagleBoard xM. The only BeagleTouch that will work with the BeagleBoard xM, is the modified version which only comes in the Android Ultimate Pro Kit or The Pro Gadget Pack
If you have any other questions about the BeagleTouchs compatibility, please contact email@example.com for more information.
- handheld mobile device
- kiosk interface
- portable control panel
- 480×272 OLED screen
- 262K colors
- 4.3” viewing space
- 4-wire resistive touchscreen
- serial connection via Type B-mini USB
- 20 mm onboard speaker
- 3 white debugging LEDs to indicate activity or data transmission
- comes with headers kit to mount directly onto BeagleBoard
- Build your own boot SD card: instructions, kernel, and rootfs
- BeagleTouch hardware reference on antipastohw.pbworks.com
- BeagleTouch pin reference on elinux.org
- Linux kernel liquidware_beagle_linux containing drivers for add-on modular beagleboard hardware
- Build your own kernel with the BeagleTouch drivers