The Pandaboard ES is the latest open mobile development platform based on Texas Instruments’ OMAP4 line of processors. Like the original PandaBoard, the PandaBoard ES is ideal for the development and enhancement of feature-rich mobile platforms and products. The PandaBoard ES can support various Linux-based operating systems such as Android, Chrome and Ubuntu.
The Pandaboard ES is driven by the dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 OMAP4460, with each core running at 1.2 GHz. Included in the processor is a POWERVR SGX540 integrated 3D graphics accelerator and a programmable DSP that provides full HD (1080p) multi-standard encode/decode, as well as low power audio capabilities.
Perfect for mobile media application development, the PandaBoard is equipped with dual HDMI ports (one HDMI v1.3, one DVI-D) 1 GB low power DDR2 RAM, as well as 3.5mm audio in/out jacks. For networking, onboard 10/100 Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR are included. In the Beagle Juice, 2nd Gen battery module, lies a portable power supply that is compatible with the PandaBoard ES that brings mobility to your board and future projects.
Two hi-speed USB 2.0 host ports and 1 USB 2.0 on-the-go ports and a DB-9 RS232 connector make debugging and interfacing with other components simple and direct.
Expansion headers for I2C, GPMC, USB, MMC, DSS, ETM, and a camera allow a multitude of customization and development options.
On the whole, the PandaBoard ES offers an unparalleled development experience with cutting-edge low-power mobile technology on a single compact board, eliminating the need to incorporate traditional peripherals for hardware and software development.
- OMAP 4460 dual core ARM Cortex-A9 processor with Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP) at 1.2 GHz each
- POWERVR SGX540 graphics core supporting OpenGL® ES v2.0, OpenGL ES v1.1, OpenVG v1.1 and EGL v1.3
- 1 GB low power DDR2 RAM
- Full Size SD/MMC slot
- 10/100 Ethernet
- 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Low energy Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- HDMI v1.3 – Full HD and DVI-D
- 3.5” audio in/out
- 1 USB 2.0 OTG port
- 2 USB 2.0 host ports
- 14-pin JTAG
- UART via DB-9 connector
- Bootorder control switch
- 26 GPIO pins on expansion headers for I2C, GPMC, USB, MMC, DSS, and ETM compatibility
- Configurable LEDs for debugging
- Power via USB or 5V DC barrel jack
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 4.5” x 4.0” x 1.4”
- Weight 2.88 oz
- PandaBoard ES
- Android 4 ICS SD card (Android ICS option only)
- 3 ft Type B-Mini USB cable (Android ICS option only)