This is the specially designed Lithium BackPack made just for the Arduino Mega.
I’m sure you’ve built something cool, which, like any other cool gadget, would be a hundred times cooler if it could be taken more than 10 feet away from the computer. Whether portability is essential to your device or simply a matter of convenience, the Lithium Backpack lets you take your Arduino Mega wherever you go…and have it turn on!
It’s not just about a battery—it’s about power options! As for power, the slim, long-lasting Li-ion battery delivers 9.4, 15, or 29 Arduino hours (Arduino on standby) and is mounted on a PCB that fits snugly onto the backside of an Arduino. The board also has a large prototyping space up front for placing a “supporting” circuit underneath the Mega.
What about the options? Well, you can charge it directly through a mini USB port mounted right onto the Backpack, or route it to charge through the core of your device. You can even monitor your own power consumption…try doing that with a standard 9V battery! I would say that the Lithium Backpack takes your device to the next level, but it’s not even about that. What would you say if someone gave you a phone or an iPod without a battery? I don’t know about you, but I would ask them why they stole my battery.
Depending on how much juice you need, get these in low, medium, or high capacity.
- Bare battery PCB matches the size of the Arduino
- Extended easy-soldering prototyping space
- High Capacity 2200mAh Lithium Ion Battery (29 Standby Arduino Hours)
- Medium Capacity 1000mAh Lithium Ion Battery (15 Standby Arduino Hours)
- Rechargeable via Arduino USB
- Rechargeable via USB Tybe-B Mini Cable
- Supplies regulated 5V and 3.3V
- Monitor battery voltage status
- L x W = 4.00×2.10 inches (same as the Arduino Mega)
- Medium capacity battery height = 0.299 inches
- High capacity battery height = 0.498 inches
Tutorials / Blogs