Weapons Grade IXM Cell
An advanced cell of the Illuminato X Machina ecosystem, the Weapons Grade IXM unit has capabilities used primarily for special applications.
The Weapons Grade IXM is equipped with bright LEDs lining each edge. Beyond form, however, the Weapons Grade unit has additional current sensing capabilities as well as incoming power defense on all four edges.
It’s also capable of using the MP6 protocol, which is yet to be announced.
Item ID: IXM-WG-RevA-20090623
Technical Elements per Cell
- Weight: 24g
- L x W x H: 1.87” x 1.87” x 0.25”
- General Purpose I/O: 24 pins
- Total I/O: 56 pins
- Processor Type: 32-bit ARM
- Processor Name: LPC2368
- Processor Speed: 72 MHz @ 64 Dhrystone MIPS EEPROM: IC SRL EEPROM; 128 KB
Living Elements per Cell
- Senses: Current Sense, Voltage Sense, Incoming Power Defense
- Reflexes: Neighbor Shutdown, 4 Blue LEDs, 1 RGB LED, 8 White LEDs
- Mode of Interaction: Switch input
Resources and References
- Custom version of the Arduino IDE designed to program the Illuminato X Machina
- Programming API & Documentation
- Source code tree
Programming the Illuminato X Machina: A demo with two cells.
Illuminato X Machina Arrays in Action: A longer demo with two arrays of cells, and shows more of the autonomous, cellular functionality of the system.