3-axis Accelerometer Module
The 3-axis accelerometer module carries an LIS302SG chip from STMicroelectronics. The LIS302SG operates in a +/- 2g sensitivity mode with less than 3mW power consumption.
This sensor is designed to operate in a wide temperature range of -40°C to +85°C. Furthermore, the LIS302SG sensor has a Sleep Mode function, ideal for use in portable, battery powered devices.
The accelerometer operates between 2.2 and 3.6V. Because of the low-voltage chips that have been damaged by 5V standard Arduino outputs, this board is equipped with built-in 5V tolerance protection.
The 3-axis accelerometer module comes as a kit with two 4-pin male headers, and is especially handy for determining sensitive changes in orientation.
- Laptop PC: Freefall Detection
- Cell Phone: Image Stability, Text Scrolling, Motion Dialing, E-Compass
- Pedometer: Motion Sensing
- Portable Handheld: Text Scrolling
- Navigation and Dead Reckoning: E-Compass Tilt Compensation
- Gaming: Tilt and Motion Sensing, Event Recorder
- Robotics: Motion Sensing
- Built-in 5V tolerance protection
- Sensitivity (+/-2g)
- Low Current Consumption: 500 μA
- Shock Survivability: 10000g high shock
- Low Voltage Operation: 3.3 V – 5 V
- High Sensitivity (800 mV/g @ 1.5g)
Accelerometer LIS302SG Cheatsheet (309.032 KBytes, Document file, Jun 27, 2012)