This is a fully integrated compass module that combines the Honeywell HMC6352 2-axis magneto-resistive sensors with the required analog and digital support circuits, microprocessor and algorithms for heading computation.
It comes assembled with a 4-pin male header soldered on.
The Compass Sensor is fully integrated with the Antipasto Arduino IDE and can provide compass headings in degrees over Arduino serial.
- Homebrew virtual reality & gaming systems
- Robotics and dead reckoning navigation systems
- Compassing & outdoor sports
- GPS confirmation
- Antenna positioning
- HMC6352 chip
- 4-pin male header included
- 4-pin stack through header included
- Heading output (0-360 degrees)
- I2C 2-Wire Serial Interface
- 3 output modes: Standby, Query, and Continuous
- Heading accuracy: 2.5 degrees
- Heading resolution: 0.5 degrees
- Arduino pin compatible
- +5V Tolerant I/O
Arduino Pin Mapping
Analog 2 = Ground Analog 3 = Vin Analog 4 = Data Analog 5 = Clock
- LibCompass Arduino Library (also included in the Antipasto Arduino IDE)
- Honeywell HMC6352 Chip Datasheet
- Compass Module Demo @ Antipasto Blog
Compass Module Cheatsheet (160.487 KBytes, Document file, Apr 10, 2010)
Code and pin connections to get the compass module up and running in 5 minutes or less.