VDIP1 USB Host Development
This little device abstracts the complexity of the USB hardware and driver interface from your microcontroller. Using the VDIP1, simple commands now give your microcontroller USB host access.
A USB host can talk to devices such as USB-serial converters, Flash drives, printers, mice, and more!
- Vertically mounted USB “A” type sockets to interface with USB peripheral devices
- Uses FTDI’s VNC1L device
- Jumper selectable UART, parallel FIFO or SPI MCU interfaces
- Single 5V supply input
- Auxiliary 3.3V/200mA power output to external logic
- Power and traffic indicator LEDs
- Program or update firmware via USB Flash disk or or via UART interface
- VNC1L firmware programming control pins PROG# and RESET# brought out onto jumper interface
- VDIP1 module is supplied pre-loaded with Vinculum VDAP firmware
- Firmware Specs