LAS VEGAS, NV - MICROSOFT MANAGEMENT SUMMIT - April 09, 2013 - Liquidware Labs, Liquidware Labs, the leader in desktop transformation solutions, announced today it will demo its award-winning solutions ProfileUnity FlexApp and Stratusphere UX at its Booth #737 at the Microsoft Management Summit 2013.
The company’s presence at this event signals the increasing demand from Windows desktop administrators for cutting-edge, virtualization solutions that allow them to:
- Choose the best desktop architecture for the spectrum of their organization’s needs, especially those like Liquidware Labs offerings that support physical, Terminal Server and virtual Windows desktops, built on Hyper-V, App-V and Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) for Software Assurance.
- Bring desktop users under management with advanced features, highly scalable user virtualization and profile management software.
- Deploy application virtualization strategies to more easily configure and maintain versions.
- Ease the migration from Windows XP to Windows 7 and Windows 8 OS with universal profile compatibility.
- Automate the inventory, use and licensing of all applications across the enterprise.
- Enhance desktop security with better control over user options as well as support for desktop disaster recovery.
- Monitor the quality of user experience and perform diagnostics across all desktops in the enterprise, whether for in-office, remote or mobile users or BYOD users.
“In spite of all the recent developments in desktop technologies, one thing is still constant. Microsoft Windows remains the desktop standard for organizations over the world,” said Tyler Rohrer, Liquidware Labs co-founder and Alliances liaison. “One major difference that sets us distinctly apart from others in this space is how faithful we are in supporting native Microsoft formats to help administrators get the most out of the Microsoft software they already use daily. While others build out proprietary approaches that are either redundant to or incompatible with Microsoft formats or products, our software is extremely complementary.”
ProfileUnity: User Management for Physical, Virtual and BYOD Environments
ProfileUnity provides centralized user management of any Windows desktop environment across all leading desktop platforms. ProfileUnity goes beyond basic profile management and configuration tools with enterprise-level functionality including:
- Advanced profile management
- Seamless profile migrations and co-existence among Windows XP/7/Server 2003/08/ with Windows 8/Server 2012 support planned for mid-2013.
- Automated provisioning of standard user OS & application settings
- Context- aware setting capabilities
- Profile portability beyond the Windows user profile store
- Centralized printer and drive mapping
- Folder redirection with built-in data migration
- Summary reports of centralized User Management configurations
Stratusphere UX: Desktop Monitoring and Diagnostics for Maximum Performance
Using unique, patented technology, Stratusphere UX is an essential desktop monitoring tool for virtual desktop administrators who support mixed virtual-and-physical production environments. Stratusphere UX benefits environments where virtual desktops are in production, and administrators plan to scale the environment by:
- adding more users
- adding users with different working habits (i.e., remote vs. in-office)
- adding more complex user desktop images (knowledge or power workers)
- running both virtual and physical desktops in their environments
- upgrading or adding new operating systems or applications
For environments running virtual desktops on Hyper-V, Stratusphere UX provides a view into the virtualization and storage layers in addition to detailed user, machine and applications metrics. Inspections make drill downs into application processes quick and straightforward. Stratusphere UX runs as a virtual appliance, is platform agnostic and provides an independent system for data metrics collection to run alongside and complement Microsoft Systems Center Operation Manager for mixed environments running virtual desktops, Terminal Server and physical. Deeper integration with Systems Center Operations Manager is planned for later in 2013.
About Liquidware Labs
Liquidware Labs™ is the leader in desktop transformation solutions for next-generation physical and virtual desktops, including VMware View®, Citrix® XenDesktop, Red Hat® and Microsoft® Windows 7. The company's innovative Stratusphere™ and ProfileUnity™ FlexApp solutions deliver powerful features to accelerate critical desktop transformation phases. Liquidware Labs solutions support key phases including assessing existing physical environments, decoupling users and applications from the operating system and migrating to virtual platforms. In POC and production environments, Liquidware Labs solutions support managing the user experience and monitoring troubleshooting and optimizing end-to-end desktop environments. Liquidware Labs products are VMware certified, and are available through a global network of partners. Visit www.liquidwarelabs.com for further information.