Liquidware provides an exciting and dynamic high-tech environment at the cutting edge of virtualization and desktop trends. If you would like to join our fast-paced, innovative organization, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or as noted in the specific job description listed below, with the appropriate title in the subject line for immediate review and consideration.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions. Email your resume today for immediate consideration.
NOTE: For this position, please mail your resume to email@example.com
Liquidware, an industry leader and pioneer in desktop virtualization solutions for next-generation physical and virtual desktops, is seeking an entry-level Staff Accountant for its office in Alpharetta, GA. Candidates must be capable of quickly learning the company’s systems and processes as this role will operate with a high degree of accountability. Candidates must be extremely organized and have great time management skills and a high attention to details.
This is a new role for the company resulting from continued growth. The Staff Accountant will report to the company’s Global Controller and processes day-to-day activities. This is a “jack-of-all-trades” entry level accounting position, providing an opportunity to learn various aspects of the company’s corporate accounting processes.
- Print, review and enter expense reports into the company’s accounting systems (QuickBooks)
- Process Accounts Payable using QuickBooks
- Post Accounts Receivable Checks using QuickBooks
- Monitor Accounts Receivable aging using QuickBooks; send past due notices to customers via email; communicate status and reporting of Accounts Receivable with various members of company’s sales team
- Create pdf file of invoice packets including Order Processing Form, Purchase Order, Invoice and Licenses
- Maintain Partner list and electronically file Partner agreements
- Assist Controller with month end close process
- General Ledger Account Reconciliations
- Filing, paperwork and other miscellaneous tasks as needed relating to Accounting, Human Resources and office administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related degree or currently and actively working towards such a degree
- Must be professional and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities in a single role
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts and US GAAP is required
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is essential; advanced Excel skills a plus
- Must be a self-starter and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be very organized and detail oriented
- 0-2 years’ experience working in a professional office accounting setting is expected
This position is a full-time role working 40 hours per week with full benefits including medical, dental, disability and 401(k) in the company’s Alpharetta, GA office (i.e. this is not a work-from-home role).
If you’re interested in the Staff Accountant role and meet the qualifications and requirements stated above, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the body of your email answer the following questions:
- Explain your compensation requirements.
- Elaborate in detail on your experience with Excel, specifically which Excel functions.
- you have used and in what circumstances.
- Elaborate in detail on your experience using QuickBooks or comparable accounting software, including which functions and modules of the program you’ve used and for how long.
- Explain why you are interested and why you are a good fit for the role.
Only respondents who provide a complete response to the above requests will be considered. No phone calls please. No recruiters please.
Technical Support Engineer
Liquidware Labs is seeking individuals to join our Support Team. Support Team members will provide timely installation, configuration, and troubleshooting assistance to customers of Liquidware Labs products. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Provide timely installation, configuration, and troubleshooting assistance for normal to difficult customer product cases. (55%)
- Resolves customer inquiries professionally and with a positive attitude to achieve customer satisfaction. (10%)
- Identify software issues and submit them to development for resolution. (10%)
- Ensure support case information is updated, organized, accurate and easy to follow. (10%)
- Contribute solutions to the knowledge-base. (10%)
- Participates as a proactive member of the Liquidware Labs support team by contributing to the company as follows: (5%).
- Meets or exceeds short and long-term productivity results established by the Technical Support Director.
- Takes accountability and resolves any issues preventing the achievement of timely, quality, and cost effective results.
- Maintains high standards of excellence and strong work ethics.
630 N. North Ct., Suite 200, Palatine, IL 60067 or 3600 Mansell Road, Suite 200, Alpharetta, GA 30022
- 3+ years of experience in an advanced technical support or systems administration role.
- A good working knowledge of the following technologies: (or equivalent) Linux files systems (CentOS, Redhat Enterprise, Openfiler). Able to navigate command line easily within the Linux File systems.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written, negotiation, and platform communications
- Strong background & understanding in virtualization technologies, including VMware vSphere/ESXi/View or Horizon, Hyper-V and Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop. Windows and Linux Administration
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 -R2
- Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting Microsoft Windows operating systems using both native and 3rd party tools.
- Strong background in windows profile management.
- Advanced knowledge of managing and troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory (users / groups, ADSI Edit, Replication, DNS, Permissions, LDAP, Group Policies, etc.).
This is a full time position that includes full benefits including 401(k).
Marketing Leads Analyst Coordinator
Liquidware is seeking a detail-oriented and analytical marketer for an entry-level marketing position for a dynamic, high tech organization. The individual we are seeking will be numbers driven, can understand database organization and can work independently to ensure that leads and account data is complete and current. In addition, this role will work with outside vendors as well as perform research to create lists to supplement the information in the current database. This would be the ideal first job for a recent marketing degree graduate who can gain experience in all ground-level marketing while positively impacting a high-growth business. Great communication and interpersonal skills are essential. No previous marketing or sales experience is required.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Drive sales pipeline growth through identification and data collection for targeted accounts
- Identify, research, analyze, and prepare target accounts to be passed to Sales
- Maintain a consistent and high-quality flow of target accounts to Sales
- Manage account and contact distribution and monitor capacity of individual sales reps
- Utilize a variety of internal and external databases, reports, and sales & marketing tools
- Align closely with Marketing on the strategy and execution of marketing campaigns into target accounts
- Work with Sales team to identify gaps in outreach and execution towards target accounts
- Be personally accountable for hitting various goals, milestones, and conversation rates
- Report to the VP of Marketing on deliverables, results, conversion rates, and opportunities for improvement
Location: 630 N. North Court, Palatine, IL 60067. This is a full-time onsite position only. No work from home.
- Bachelor's degree (would consider someone near completion of a Marketing degree)
- Familiar with databases and database administration (non-technical)
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Analytical with a high attention to detail
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Enjoy collaborating and working in teams
- Willingness to embrace change and accept new opportunities and responsibilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Salesforce, and LinkedIn as a sales/marketing tool is a plus
- Experience with marketing or selling to IT professionals is a plus
Software Engineer - C# Developer
Liquidware is seeking a motivated individual to join an exciting young company’s software engineering team. This is a position for a candidate who has a solid software engineering background with strong experience in C# programming. This position offers a great opportunity for growth in a leading-edge software startup in the virtualization space. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience with some or all of the following: C#, MFC, WPF. The candidate should possess solid written and oral communication skills, and should enjoy working independently in a demanding but rewarding environment.
- Design, Development, and Unit Test applications in C#.
- Work closely with development leaders and QA to plan releases.
- Participate in the definition and design of new features and products.
To be effective in this position the candidate must be technically capable of performing assigned duties with limited direction. Specific knowledge and skills required for this position include:
- Bachelors in CS or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 3+ years of C# programming.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to quickly break down and understand complex issues.
- Experience with software engineering best practices, including use of version control systems, change and defect tracking tools, and test automation tools.
- Experience working with virtualization platforms such as VMware a major plus.
Sales Support Engineer
Liquidware is seeking highly experienced individuals to join the company’s sales team as Sales Support Engineers to provide technical sales assistance and all related support including presentation, software installation, meeting customer requirements and resolution of customer issues. Candidates must have a solid background in desktop virtualization technologies across the VMware, Microsoft and Citrix desktop platforms. Sales Support Engineers will be required to interact with senior technologists both at end user sites and at channel partners, and must be able to hold their own in highly technical dialog with these audiences. Applicants must possess solid written and oral communication skills with a strong command of productivity applications, such as MS Excel and Powerpoint. All Liquidware Labs product training will be provided.
Permanent, full time employment of 40+ hours/week, some travel required (20-40%)
Required Knowledge and Skills:
This is a full time position that includes full benefits including 401(k). This position can be located anywhere in the United States.
- Prospecting end users from leads contained in Saleforce.com
- All lead follow up
- Nurturing and closing business with prospects and customers, and ultimately owning assigned accounts
- Partner recruitment and enablement
- Assisting field team as needed
- Pipeline management
- The candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and must be flexible enough to adapt to the changing needs of a small company.
- 1 year Inside Sales Experience at a minimum
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com
- MS Office, specifically expertise in Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Working knowledge of how to conduct WebEx or other online meeting suites.
- Product training provided
- Details of the candidate's prior work experience will be required.
- This is a full time position located in Palatine, IL and has an immediate start date. It is a full-time position with benefits.
- Gain detailed understanding of and expertise with Liquidware Labs suite of products, including Stratusphere & ProfileUnity FlexApp
- Understand sales process, company strategy, Competition and documentation process and creation
- Perform technical product presentations including overview, architecture and use cases
- Demonstrate product features and capabilities
- Create custom reports based on customer requirements
- Perform training sessions for customers and channel partners
- Perform software installation and help customers use the product for assessments, diagnostics, migrations, performance tuning and health checks
- Perform customer tech support function for ongoing sales opportunities
- Assist in troubleshooting and diagnosis of issues as needed
- Internal Sales Reps
- Sales Engineers
- Customer Support
- Quality Assurance
- Strong customer facing interaction and presentation skills
- Pre-Sales + Post Sales Consulting experience a plus
- Very strong and deep technical background in virtualization, especially with VMware ESXServer/vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix XenServer a must
- Very strong understanding and deep technical background in desktop virtualization technologies, including VMware Horizon and Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp.
- Windows and Linux Administration
- Familiarity with Active Directory, GPO, Software distribution
- Strong sense of customer service
- Must be open to learn, must take ownership, ready to wear multiple hats.