Enabling Strong Windows Desktop Security
Liquidware solutions – used in combination – help organizations control and keep their desktops more protected from cyber attacks as well as assist in supporting comprehensive desktop disaster recovery. Our solutions help organizations deploy best practices for desktop security to meet the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) recommendations to protect their computer networks from malware and ransomware attacks as follows:
- ProfileUnity supports centralized backup of user-authored data, thereby enabling a sophisticated data backup and recovery plan for all critical information through standard backup and replication solutions.
- Stratusphere UX can perform an application inventory that serves as the basis for an application whitelist which, along with blacklisting, is one of the best means for preventing malware or ransomware from compromising IT systems, according to the US-CERT. Once the base whitelist is established, ProfileUnity whitelisting and blacklisting management features permit only the specified applications to run.
- ProfileUnity also can restrict users’ ability (permissions) to install and run unwanted software applications, as well as apply the principle of “Least Privilege” to all systems and services, which additionally stops malware from running or limits its ability to spread through a network.
- FlexApp supports centralized storage and management of applications, greatly simplifying maintenance and helping administrators ensure that OSs and software are up-to-date with the latest patches. Vulnerable applications and operating systems are the target of most attacks, and ensuring that they are current with the latest security updates greatly reduces the number of exploitable entry points available to attackers.
- Ongoing use of Stratusphere UX to monitor desktop environments also helps administrators spot abnormal processes or non-standard applications with granular, time-based metrics.