Informa Uses Liquidware Solutions To Manage Physical, Citrix and Amazon WorkSpaces
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing,knowledge and events company, operating within the Knowledge and Information Economy. Headquartered in London, UK, with offices in more than 20 countries, Informa has 7,500 employees. In 2017, the company embarked on a number of projects to improve and innovate its aging desktop environment. Running Windows 7 across a physical and Citrix estate, Informa’s users experienced poor performance and slow logins. The company looked for a solution to improve user experience by improving performance, speeding up logins and improving the manageability of the desktop estate to enable continuous improvement of the desktop environment.
Informa selected Amazon WorkSpaces (AWS) cloud desktops as its default Windows desktop environment and needed a solution to migrate users from the physical and Citrix environments to the AWS environment and enable improved management and visibility into the environment.The organization had a number of desktop transformation projects running throughout 2017.
After much scrutiny in the market and meeting with other vendors, Liquidware Essentials, which included Stratusphere UX, ProfileUnity and FlexApp, met all of Informa’s requirements.
Informa is benefiting from utilizing Liquidware Stratusphere UX because the company is now able to:
• Identify issues with existing environments, enabling performance improvement
• Reduce the amount of time the desktop support team take to resolve issues
• Provide reduced login times on existing environments
• Gain insight into user issues—ranging from hardware restraints to out-dated policies—and allow root-cause analysis of user issues
• Identify users issues, reducing a 600+ second login to less than 60 seconds
• Improve user experience and satisfaction
• Produce reports based on measurable metrics for senior management to validate user experience improvements
Informa is benefiting from using Liquidware ProfileUnity because it provides:
• Ease of migration to new OS (Windows 10) with minimal impact to users, as their profiles remain unchanged
• Ease of migration to new Desktop environment (AWS) with minimal impact to users as their profiles remain unchanged
• ProfileUnity ProfileDisk is being utilized as a way to rebuild and restore a users profile in AWS in different AWS Regions or if a new AWS is required for the user
• Improved management of all desktop users across all environments (one tool across Physical, Citrix and Amazon WorkSpaces)
FlexApp will be deployed in the near future to reduce the number of desktop images required.