No Rot. Keep Applications Performing Optimally with FlexApp One
Windows desktops are subject to a condition termed "Windows Rot." This state is defined as the process by which a Windows machine becomes progressively slower the longer you use it and the more software you install on it. It is generally ascribed to a deterioration of the Windows Registry, caused by applications that use it improperly and don’t clean up after themselves.
FlexApp application layering is the answer to keeping your applications performing and keeping base images clean. Because FlexApp packages applications in layers and keeps them separate from the master images, they can be better managed.
FlexApp is the most powerful application layering solution on the market today -- going well beyond the basic tools provided by VMware and Citrix. FlexApp applications are platform, cloud, and Windows OS version independent. This flexibility allows your organization to take advantage of FlexApp’s PackageOnce™ capabilities* to deliver applications to any Windows workspace regardless of the platform. MSIX and App-V applications can be converted to FlexApp layers easily, eliminating the drawbacks of those technologies. FlexApp has been found to have the highest application compatibility known in the industry at roughly 90% or greater. It is compatible with complex applications, including those with drivers and services. The attached applications are not isolated and therefore have native interaction capabilities with Windows and other applications.
FlexApp includes a feature called FlexApp One. As an included feature in FlexApp, FlexApp One untethers the dynamic capabilities of layered applications from full-time network connections, enabling applications to be made available by any means necessary. FlexApp One applications are self-contained in one shareable file and run without the need for an additional application player on Windows sessions. Users simply click on the application container and the application(s) contained in the executable are attached to their Windows workspace session in seconds. Any type of Windows session is supported and all types of Windows application formats are supported including.EXE, MSI, MSIX. Just like FlexApp, FlexApp One apps are compatible with 90+ percent of applications, while other technologies alone typically are less than 50%.
Today, FlexApp has become a powerful asset before, during, and after a migration to your next Windows workspace or browser-based app delivery solution.
FlexApp is the most flexible application layering solution available with application layers that:
- can be delivered independent of the Windows OS or base image version
- work across virtual desktops, published apps and desktops, and well managed physical desktops
- follow a one app per layer methodology for fast updates and edits to applications
- can be assigned in multiples to users with no login impact with our exclusive on-demand Click-to-Layer™ capabilities - an industry first!
- support cloud or multi-cloud environment via object-based storage without SMB file shares to manage - an industry first!
- support Caching to stream only blocks of a layer to users' sessions for high-availability on less than dependable networks - an industry first!
- are designed for next generation Application Lifecycle Management.